2012 was a pretty good year for me. I made a choice to return to school for a final time and delay having children. It was not an easy choice, as I have wanted children since I married my husband 3.5 years ago. BUUUUUUT this was something I had wanted to do for a few years and I figured it was now or never. I applied and was admitted in May 2012. I began in July with one class and took 7 hours in the fall. I will enter as full-time status this spring semester, quit my full-time job in June and graduate in December. I know that the year will fly by and I will enjoy my learning and training. I will miss my current job. I work at an amazing center with even more amazing people but I know I would regret it if I didn’t make this move.
Other highlights in 2012:
• Experienced my first bout of panic while on top of a mountain. Skiing is NOT my friend!!
• Grew in my relationship with my husband. We are stronger than we have ever been. We celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary 🙂
• Got a new car. 2009 Honda Accord with heated seats. Woohoo! My school is 1 hour and 20 minutes away from my home so I will travel in comfort for my last year of school.
• Turned 27 years old. When I turned 25, it was difficult for me but since then I have embraced each year (that may change when I reach 30 haha) by appreciating that I am blessed enough to have the opportunity to get another year older.
Quick shot with good friends on NYE!
Goals for 2013:
• Most importantly continue to grow in my relationship with my husband. He is the center of my life and provides strength and balance.
• Complete my Ed.S. in School Psychology
• Focus on gardening and enjoying my home
• Keep an open mind and have some new experiences
• Stay healthy and happy!
• Grow in my relationship with God. Start going to church again.