I started this blog close to a year ago and obviously did not follow through with it. For some reason, lately I’ve been thinking about getting it started… for real this time. I was lucky enough to take two weeks off work and have some me time. It’s been amazing but further convinces me that I was meant to be out in the world staying busy. Despite this, there have been times in my life I have glorified my busyness and as a reach the end of my 20’s, I feel the need to focus on fulfilling my obligations and roles but also taking the time to enjoy the here and now and appreciate what I have. I work a full-time job in the mental health field. I am also a full-time graduate student studying school psychology. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to working in the schools and helping children achieve to the best of their abilities.
Other things to know about me:
• I have been married for 3 1/2 years, together for 7 1/2 years. We married on our 4 year anniversary, July 4, 2009. We live with our two dogs, Rosco and Lola, and one cat, Trixie, on a farm.
• I have a 6-year-old sister, Payton. She is kind of my mini me. So much fun and I love seeing her grow. I also have a 24-year-old brother, Allen, who is studying film at the University of Kansas. I’m excited to see what the future holds for him.
• My parents divorced when I was 10 years old. My mother lives in Alabama and my father lives 30 minutes away.
• I have the best in-laws you could ask for. No kidding.
• I have been in school for every year of my 20’s. I’m pretty serious that when I graduate in December 2013, that will mark the end of my formal education and I will not return to the university setting as a student. All of my college education was at Pittsburg State University. I love it and would not have changed my education for anything.
• I know NOTHING about… I don’t even know what to call it but I use a template blog format for a reason. I would LOVE to learn more and have a bit more fancy blog in the future.
• I have a Canon T3i that I don’t use nearly enough. My husband was amazing enough to oblige my request for the camera for Christmas in 2011. This is another thing I want to commit to. I do not wish to be a photographer by any means but I would like to know how to properly use my camera.