So before I got to business with these awards, I had to figure out what a liebster was so I knew what kind of award I was accepting! Just kidding, I knew the sweet girls who nominated me wouldn’t set me up. But I did find out that liebster means sweetheart, beloved person, or darling. How great is that?!?!
Jen from Infertility, why me? (love that name, don’t we all ask that question??) and the sweet doctor over at An Airman and a Doctor both nominated me for the Liebster Award. And I’m very appreciative for this!
Here are Jen’s questions…..
Are you a cat or dog person? Why?
- Definitely a cat person. Must have had too many bad experiences with big dogs jumping on me when I was little. I do love my two mutts to death though.
What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
- Boston for our Honeymoon. If we don’t get lucky in the pregnancy department, we may make another trip for our 5-year Anniversary this July.
If you could spend a day with someone who’s died who would it be, and why?
- Honestly, Marilyn Monroe. (Little bit embarrassed about that.) The psych in me wants to know what she was like and what drove her to do the things she did. The history geek in me wants to know all the secrets she had to have known considering who she associated with.
What book(s) are you reading right now?
- Study guides for my praxis in school psychology. The test date is actually my due date. I think the universe either hates me or is giving me a great distraction for that day.
What would be your ultimate vacation?
Do you prefer to give gifts, or receive them?
- I love to give meaningful gifts. I do love to receive but I love when people love a gift I have gotten them.
How did you meet your partner/spouse?
- Officially a party in college. We did meet once before that and he totally brushed me off. Pretty standard for him! He had to have a couple of drinks in him to get brave enough. He’s been my Liebster since!
What’s your best personality trait?
- I’m pretty loyal, almost to a fault at times. I see it as a all or nothing kind of thing and that’s gotten me in trouble before. But I wouldn’t change how strongly I feel about those in my life.
Favorite scripture verse, life motto, or quote?
- Sometimes God doesn’t change your situation because He’s trying to change your heart.
- Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it isn’t the end.
Love those questions! Now for the next round.
Did you “play pretend” as a child and what was your favorite character?
- I looooooved to play school when I was little and I was always the teacher.
What was/is your favorite job and/or position?
- Other than my current job, I really liked being a waitress through college. The work was over when you left and I got to meet a lot of different people (good and bad, really bad sometimes!).
What is your favorite form of exercise (if you can find the time/motivation to do so)?
- Running and I need to do more of it!!! Ready for spring!
What is your favorite book?
- Hmmmm this is hard!!! Any Wally Lamb book, specifically She’s Come Undone.
Do you have a favorite season and/or holiday?
- 4th of July. I think I’ve answered this before but I love it because I love my country but also because I met (2005) and married (2009) my husband on this day!
What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Birthday parties! All of them
Do you live close to your hometown and, if not, do you visit often?
- I live very close but don’t visit too often.
How many siblings do you have?
- One brother, one half sister, two step-sisters
What super hero powers would you like to have?
- Flying so I wouldn’t have to drive as much!!!
Whew that was a lot of fun! Now THE NOMINATIONS! (I really could nominate every single one of the blogs I follow because you are all amazing but here’s my choices for this award.)
Mrs. MLACS – This is not because of one of your most recent posts, you are definitely one of my Liebster blog friends!! Honest and helpful, what more could you ask for!?!
A Hundred Affections – Katie is a true sweet soul. I am 100% sure of this and I’ve only ever conversed with her over the internet. Her most recent post is a true testament to this.
A Clam Persistence – I know she has probably already been nominated because she is simply amazing but I couldn’t do this without putting her on here.
Wishing Wales – Amy is also a sweet, darling soul. Her most recent post captures the “ache” we all know so well.
I am so lucky to have been connected with these Liebster’s but also with the rest of you amazing bloggers. Thank you!!! 🙂
If you choose to participate (and why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome!!! No pressure though=) ), here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions that I give you below
- What is your middle name?
- When did you get married?
- Favorite event in the Winter Olympics?
- Best thing about summer?
- Favorite TV series?
- Favorite music artist from the 1970s?
- Favorite move from the 1990s?
- Why do you blog?
4. Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)